Author Topic: Got my driveshaft replaced, sharing my experience  (Read 25 times)

duncanstradling

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
Got my driveshaft replaced, sharing my experience
« on: September 18, 2026, 09:39:16 AM »
I had been ignoring a clunking noise and vibration on my 2017 Grand Cherokee for weeks because I thought it was just worn bushings, but it got bad enough that I finally took it in. I needed Driveshaft replacement for Jeep near MBZ City and after asking around I went to a shop in Mussafah that a friend recommended. They put it on the lift, showed me the worn U-joint and a slight bend in the shaft, and replaced it with a new one. The whole thing took about half a day and the price was reasonable. The vibration is completely gone and the clunk too. I was worried they might try to sell me extra stuff but they didn't. If you are in the MBZ area and dealing with something similar, it is worth getting it checked before it damages the transfer case. Just my two cents.