Author Topic: World Championship of Hockey - Wednesday Picks  (Read 2503 times)

Hookos

World Championship of Hockey - Wednesday Picks
« on: May 15, 2019, 08:58:58 AM »
Okay guys, yesterday was a nice day in hockey bets. Couple unlucky results from Latvia game, but otherwise, nice result. These odds are for the most part from Paf.com. If I find something interesting on Veikkaus, I will mark it in there.

Switzerland - Norway 1.28 - 6.50 - 7.50

Switzerland has had an awesome tournament so far and they have won all of their three games quite comfortably. Yesterday the Swiss played Austria, and beat them 4-0, before that they won Latvia (3-1) and Italy (9-0). Norway has had a horrible tournament as they have lost all of their games. Two days back they got destroyed by Sweden 1-9 and before that by Czech Republic (2-7) and Russia (5-2). To be fair, Norway has had the most powerful opponents in the group so far, but Switzerland isn't any easier team to beat.

Switzerlands NHL-players lead their team in scoring. Nico Hischier and Vincent Praplan both have 6 points, Kevin Fiala is one point behind. Defenseman Jonas Holos leads Norway in points having 1+1=2 in three games played. Swiss team has 16 goals for and 1 away, Norway has 5 goals 4 and whopping 21 away.

Eventhough Switzerland played yesterday, they are massive favorites and should without a doubt come out of this as a winner. The handicaps are quite low though, so I'm gonna pick Switzerland to score over 3,5 goals. Norway is giving away 7 goals per game on average. Switzerland is scoring little over 5 on average. Norway has played massive opponents, so I'm still a bit careful with the line here.

Also, while Switzerlands NHL-players are still in form, might aswell go for picks that hit yesterday. Nico Hischier 2 points or more and Kevin Fiala will score.

PICKS:
Switzerland over 3,5 goals 1.75
Nico Hischier 2 points or more 2.40
Kevin Fiala will score 2.25

USA - Great Brittain

Well, what can you say. Great Brittain will get their booty clapped today. And hard. Team USA is stacked with NHL stars and they are just beginning to warm up. The States have won Finland (3-2 OT) and France (7-1), but Slovakia pulled off an upset by causing USA a loss in the opener (1-4). The Brittish team got smashed yesterday by Denmark (9-0) and two days before that against Canada (8-0). Only somewhat decent result by them was to score against Germany in their loss (1-3). There is no way on Earth that USA will lose this and I don't see why they wouldn't absolutely slaughter their opponent and get that boost in their confidence. This might be the first game we see double digits on the board. Only picks that are even worth of trying here are goal scorers.

PICKS:
Alex DeBrincat 2 goals or more 2.65
Alex DeBrincat hattrick or more 8.00
Patrick Kane 2 goals or more 2.70
Patrick Kane hattrick or more 8.00

Germany - Slovakia 3.85 - 5.00 - 1.65

Germany played yesterday and managed to take their third win of the tourney by defeating France 4-1. Other wins have come over Denmark (2-1) and Great Brittain (3-1). Slovakia has faced three tough opponents: Finland (2-4 loss), Canada (5-6 loss) and USA (4-1 win). Germany got Philipp Grubauer in to their goal and he played half and half with Niklas Treutle yesterday.

After scoring yesterday, Matthias Plachta leads Germany in points. Martin Marincin leads Team Slovakia. Matus Sukel has three goals in three games.

Germany has had an easier start for the tournament, but are still a solid team. Slovakia has had a way harder start, but have almost pulled of two upsets losing to Canada only second before final buzzer. Slovakia is placed as a favorite in this game, but since Germany is in good form and their defence has held every opponent in to 1 goal, I'm picking Germany 1X. Also Slovakia under 2,5 goals is worth of trying.

PICKS:
Germany 1X 2.23
Slovakia under 2,5 goals 2.25

Russia - Italy

Same thing as in USA game. Italy is getting slaughtered today. Italians have not even scored yet during their 3 games against Latvia (0-3), Sweden (0-8) and Switzerland (0-9). Russia has won all their games, last two of them without giving away a single goal. Russia has beaten Czech Republic (3-0), Austria (5-0) and Norway (5-2). Unlike USA fixture, in this game you can find other things to play other than point scorers or goal scorers.

PICKS:
Over 8,5 goals 2.15
Yevgeni Malkin 3 points or more 2.50
Nikita Kucherov 3 points or more 2.40
Nikita Kucherov 2 goals or more 2.60 (One goal)
Nikita Kucherov hattrick or more 10.00
Alex Ovechkin 2 goals or more 2.60 (One goal)
Alex Ovechkin hattrick or more 10.00

I myself am gonna try to pick up those hattricks in USA and Russia games with a small bet. Here's also other small odd bets you might find interesting to combine:

Switzerland -1,5 1.49
Vincent Praplan 1 point or more 1.55
Alex DeBrincat 2 points or more 1.55
Johnny Gaudreau 2 points or more 1.57

Patrick Kane 2 points or more 1.47
Germany over 1,5 goals 1.62
Slovakia under 3,5 goals 1.49
Leon Draisaitl 1 point or more 1.65
Nikita Gusev will score 1.74
Nikita Kucherov 2 points or more 1.47
Alex Ovechkin 2 points or more 1.57

Once again, let me know what you think about todays fixtures and feel free to share your thoughts :) Good luck!

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 11:38:21 PM by Hookos »