Author Topic: Vanity and faucet swap in a Palo Alto condo  (Read 31 times)

duncanstradling

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: +0/-0
Vanity and faucet swap in a Palo Alto condo
« on: September 18, 2026, 03:28:52 PM »
Vanity and faucet swap in a Palo Alto condo, worth hiring out or DIY from abroad?

I'm in Dubai for work and my tenant in Palo Alto just moved out, so I'm staring at a bathroom that needs more than a deep clean. The vanity is water damaged at the base, the faucet drips, and the mirror is one of those old frameless glued on things. I originally thought I could just order replacements online and have a handyman install them, but the more I read the more I realize bathroom fixture and vanity installation in Palo Alto involves plumbing tolerances, shutoff valves, and sometimes patching drywall, which is way beyond what my brother in law can handle on a weekend. I poked around kitchen bath palo alto after seeing it mentioned somewhere and their bathroom page looks like they do this kind of work, but I have no personal experience with them. Has anyone hired a pro for just fixtures and a vanity without doing a full remodel? Was it worth it or did the cost balloon? I'm trying to keep this simple and not turn it into a six week project while I'm eight thousand miles away. Any tips on what to buy in advance versus letting the contractor source everything would help a lot.